Spider Vein Treatment
Spider veins are twisted or swollen veins that are visible under the skin. These veins occur more often in your legs and sometimes on your face and other part of your body. Spider veins affect both men and women, but are most likely to be seen in women due to hormonal imbalances caused during puberty, pregnancy and menopause. The other factors which cause spider veins are obesity, lack of physical activity, sitting or standing for a long time or with exposure to the sun.
Spider veins may be caused due to impaired circulation of blood in the veins; however, the actual cause of this condition is unknown. The impure blood flowing through the veins may deviate and interrupt circulation causing the veins to swell. Weakness in the walls of the blood vessels close to the surface of the skin can also cause spider veins.
Sclerotherapy is considered the best treatment for spider veins. In this procedure an irritant solution is injected into the site of the spider veins. These veins swell and form a scar in a few days which fades away. This therapy is simple quick and safe.
Laser therapy may be used to treat spider veins on your face.
Certain changes in life style may help you prevent spider veins. These include:
- Avoid sitting or standing for long hours without a break
- Lose weight if you are obese
- Tight clothes which may hinder circulation should be avoided
- You can perform physical activity which increases blood circulation on a regular basis
- High-heels must be avoided as they put pressure on the calf muscles while walking which may hinder blood circulation