Bariatric Surgery / General Surgery
- Fox BariatricsClicking on the link will direct you to an independent physician practice website that is not hosted or maintained by North Central Surgical Center.
- Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance Member
Dr. Fox has maintained a busy practice in the North Dallas Area since 1981. Born and raised in Baltimore, M.D.., Dr. Fox obtained his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Maryland. He finished his general surgery residency at the Wayne State University/Detroit General Hospital in 1980 followed by a Fellowship in peripheral vascular surgery at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Subsequently trained in bariatric surgery, Dr. Fox limits his weight loss surgery to Lap-Band and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
As one of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in Dallas, Dr. Fox is presently a member of the following medical societies and professional organizations:
- American Board of Surgery
- American Society of General Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons (ASMBS)
- DallasCountyMedical Society
- General Surgery Association of North Texas (GSANT)
- North Texas Chapter, American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Society of Laproendoscopic Surgeons (SLS)
- TexasMedical Association
Dallas bariatric surgeon, Dr. Fox is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.). This is the highest recognition that your doctor has specialized knowledge and training related to the pre-operative evaluation and diagnosis, operative technical skills/ability and post-operative management of surgical problems. It is also just as important to know when not to operate and treat with a medical nonsurgical approach – some of the best surgery is nonsurgical! At the same time, if an operation is indicated, good judgment is necessary to recommend the appropriate operation for the individual that will give the best results.