COVID-19 Preventive Actions
North Central Surgical Center Hospital is observing the CDC's recommended preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff. We have implemented the following measures to ensure safety:
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day and disinfecting patient care areas as soon as the patient is transferred to another location or discharged.
- Implementing social distancing practices in our waiting area.
- Imposing visitor restrictions to one visitor per patient and no visitors in the patient care areas.
- No overnight visitors on the Post-Surgical Unit (PSU).
- Screening all patients prior to arrival at the center for symptoms/exposure to Covid-19 and travel history.
- Requiring staff to wear masks while the universal masking recommendations are in place.
- Making hand sanitizer available as you walk in and throughout the clinics where appropriate.
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
We are asking patients to join us in additional efforts, including:
- All patients and visitors must wear a face covering or mask to enter the building for their visit.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before and after eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands to potentially prevent transmission.
Most importantly, we ask that patients who are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath, fever, or other flu-like symptoms, to please stay home and reschedule their appointments. Also inform us if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or have recently traveled out of state.
For additional information please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
You may call our office at to cancel or reschedule if needed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in protecting all our team members and patients.
Wishing you good health!