Just imagine a GPS tracking system specifically used by surgeons to guide them during spinal surgery. This is how far we have come with medical technology today. Our new spine-navigation system is essentially a CT scanner that allows surgeons to see real-time, three-dimensional images during surgery. During the procedure, specific instruments are firmly attached to the spine. Three-dimensional images are then taken and relayed onto a computer screen for the surgeon to see. The benefits of this cutting-edge technology are numerous.
Some of the benefits include:
- Less radiation: Rather than performing multiple scans or x-rays, this technology allows the surgeon to see real-time footage during the procedure
- Greater Accuracy: Precision is critical to success in spine surgery. 3D images provide the surgeon with the ability to see exactly where instrumentation is placed.
- Minimally invasive: Fewer scans and greater accuracy support the procedure to be less invasive.
- Shorter surgery time: This technology allows the surgeon to perform the surgery with greater precision, resulting in a shorter surgery time.
- Faster recovery: Many patients experience a faster recovery due to a less invasive procedure without much damage to tissue, smaller incisions, and shorter surgery time.
Here at North Central Surgical Center, we use some of the most comprehensive, cutting-edge technology to ensure our patients receive the best care and outcomes. Talk with your doctor for more information about the new spine-navigation system.
At North Central Surgical Center, our mission is to treat each and every one of our patients and their families as if they were our own family members. Each patient, each family, each and every time.