Robotic surgery, also known as robot-assisted surgery, enhances the surgeon’s ability to perform very complex and delicate surgical procedures with a high degree of accuracy and precision significantly improving surgical outcomes. Here are 5 advantages of robotic surgery:
- Smaller Incisions: Robotic surgery is usually associated with minimally invasive techniques as the robotic arm has better flexibility allowing the surgery to be performed through small surgical incisions.
- Reduced Blood Loss: Besides small incisions and less tissue trauma, the surgeon also has better visualization due to high definition cameras used in robotic surgery which contributes to reduced blood loss.
- Less Scarring: Advanced robotic technology usually results in very minimal scar tissue formation both externally on the skin which improves aesthetics and internally preventing adhesions between internal body structures.
- Fewer Surgical Complications: There are fewer risks of surgical complications such as postsurgical infections due to the minimally invasive nature of robotic surgery.
- Shorter Hospital Stay: Increasingly, robotic surgery is being performed in the outpatient setting enabling patients to return home on the same day as the robotic surgery or after an overnight stay.
Over the past decades, the scope of robotic surgery has expanded greatly to include common orthopedic procedures such as hip and knee joint replacement resulting in alleviation of painful symptoms, improved mobility, and greater patient satisfaction.
Consult an orthopedic specialists to find out if you might be a candidate for robotic joint replacement surgery of the hip or knee.
At North Central Surgical Center, our mission is to treat each and every one of our patients, and their families, as if they were our own family member. Each patient, each family, each and every time.