Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine
- Treats all ages (birth-adult)
Dr. Aimee L. Schimizzi is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in surgery of the hand, wrist, elbow and upper extremity.
Dr. Schimizzi grew up in Wilmington, North Carolina, and she attended The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for her undergraduate education as well as her medical school education. After completing her orthopedic surgery residency at the University of California, San Diego, she pursued an additional year of training in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery in New York City, completing her fellowship at the St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital C.V. Starr Hand Surgery Center (now known as the Roosevelt Hand to Shoulder Surgery Center). She also received additional training in pediatric and congenital hand conditions at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital here in Dallas.
Dr. Schimizzi has published scientific articles and book chapters in numerous, peer-reviewed orthopedic publications and texts. She is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BS Biology
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical School, MD
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand